SPIE Optifab 2021 in Rochester, NY
October 18-21, 2021
The American Precision Optics Manufacturers Association (APOMA) is committed to promoting and advancing opportunities for the precision optics industry.
APOMA is the working group of the top U.S. optics manufacturers. Our members are front line and operations managers who turn to their peers in APOMA for best practices and technical guidance.
Visit the member directory to find an optical fabricator.
Become an APOMA member
Join us at industry events
Becoming an APOMA member has several benefits to both individuals and companies, including:
- Network with peer APOMA members involved in all phases of Optics Manufacturing.
- Attend APOMA meetings held during the two biggest SPIE national conventions each year.
- Receive exhibitor and attendee discounts to Optifab.
- Gain access to exclusive technical workshops.
- Access technical papers and conference proceedings.
- Attract new customers through our member directory, highlighting your company specialties.
- Receive a monthly newsletter highlighting industry news and upcoming events.
- Optifab savings alone typically pay for most members’ dues!
Optical, electro-optical and photonic materials require extreme precision during machining, finishing and cleaning operations. The critical processes of grinding, drilling, coring, sawing/wire sawing, lapping, polishing, CMP (Chemo-Mechanical Polishing/Planarizing), in and post-process cleaning, ultimately have a major impact on component performance.
High purity, chemically engineered, coolants, lubricants, abrasive slurries/suspensions and cleaners are available for each machining, finishing and cleaning step. Glasses, ceramics, crystals, metals and plastics used in optics fabrication can be processed with Chemetall Precision Microchemicals’ formulations.
Surface perfection and low sub-surface damage is achieved in machining processes with the optimum choice of coolant, lubricant, abrasive slurry and cleaner. Products are chemically engineered for each critical processing step of glasses, crystals and infra-red materials.
Chemetall Precision Microchemicals backed up with the technical resources of BASF, the world’s leading chemical company, is based in Fremont, CA with a large-scale manufacturing factory in Michigan. The company develops and manufactures precision consumables for high technology industries in North America and Europe. A similar R&D and large-scale factory in Singapore services the South East Asian markets.